John McLaughlin (born January 4, 1942), also Mahavishnu John McLaughlin, is a jazz fusion guitar player from Doncaster, Yorkshire in England. He came to prominence with Miles Davis' electric jazz-fusion groups from the late 1960s. He is regarded by many as one of the most influential and technically gifted guitarists of all time, having mastered a remarkable range of styles and genres, including jazz, Indian classical music, fusion, and Flamenco.
* Double Rainbow doubleneck guitar made by Rex Bogue, which McLaughlin played between 1971 - 1975. (Confer: Gibson EDS-1275)
* The first Abe Wechter-built acoustic "Shakti"-guitar with seven additional drone strings.
* "Marielle", acoustic guitar with cutaway.
* "Our Lady", built by Abe Wechter for John Mclaughlin.
* Summary of the guitars played by John McLaughlin.
Photo from http://www.grc.me.uk/apboguetwin.htm
John Mclaughlin website
John_Mclaughlin guitar licks
See John McLaughlin guitar techique guitar trick guitar tip on VDO bar above
PACO DE LUCIA , John McLaughlin , AL DI MEOLA